Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

4 posters

Manny and the Dodgers

ed moyer
    ed moyer

Manny and the Dodgers Empty Manny and the Dodgers

Post  ed moyer Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 am

Looks like Boras is just being rediculous. In my opinion that guy has been a cancer to baseball. To greedy players who want the biggest contact sure he is your guy, but that jackass is a reason a bud light cost me $6 at a game. Manny and the Dodgers just need to get together and get this done. I was hoping after being fired by several players last year Boras would loose his edge, but he still has some big names who he feeds off of. Glad to see the Dodger brass taking a stand.

We want Manny back, but we feel we are negotiating against ourselves,” Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said in a statement. “When his agent finds those ‘serious offers’ from other clubs, we’ll be happy to restart the negotiations.”

A message left with Boras was not immediately returned.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Manny and the Dodgers Empty Re: Manny and the Dodgers

Post  Rick F Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:50 am

Who knows how true this is but people I work with here said they saw former Bama players John Parker Wilson and Rashad Johnson around town in P'cola and both are working out at the Andrew's Institute for the last several weeks. Well an Alabama forum I go to says that Rashad was working out there and looked over and saw Manny hitting the weights. Then I heard them say on PTI that Manny was in Florida working out but they didn't specify where. Could just be hearsay but who knows, supposedly alot of famous athletes go to the Andrews Institute. Maybe I'll run into him at Whataburger across the road and I can try to buy his grill from him.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 pm

That was true. Manny has been in Pensacola at Andrews quite a bit in Decemeber. A girl I know saw him at waffle house on a Saturday night. Said he is just like one of the guys, but a few people went nuts when they realized it was him. Funny thinking while you were at work he was right across the street. Andrews keeps that on the DL when people come in. Not even the News Journal says anything unless its a local player. Another person I know does work over there at Andrews sometimes and said the security by the patient files is rediculous. Makes sense because I'm sure media would love to see whats in those athletes records.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:20 am

Talk going around now is that Manny is probably not signing with LA just so he can skip spring training. Sounds like typical Manny. He'll wait until the week before opening day and sign the deal.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 pm

I don't think Manny cares if he plays either way. He's a lazy fuck and Boras doesn't help his situation any. Boras should choke on he steak and lobster.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 am

ralworth wrote:I don't think Manny cares if he plays either way. He's a lazy fuck and Boras doesn't help his situation any. Boras should choke on he steak and lobster.

They need to have Boras on MTV cribs because you know he probably lives in a mansion the size of a shopping mall. He has his own bank there and just watches as the armored trucks roll in the money everyday.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm hearing now where the Dodgers pulled their offer, and starting now it will begin going down.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:17 pm

It's official, manny's final tally. 2 years, 45 mill. he sold his soul for 3 million bucks more than he would have gotten with the sox. Boras and Manny will both go down as the a HUGE professional succecss, and a complete human failure.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 am

Manny's condo listed for $8.5 million

Hmmmm I wonder if Manny is gonna put his condo up on Ebay.

Manny and the Dodgers Mlb_ap_manny_condo1_600
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Looks like he is trying to make almost 3 million off the condo. Wonder if Boras is also his real estate agent.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:34 pm

A picture tells a thousand words....

Manny and the Dodgers Mlb_ap_torre_manny1_600

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 am