Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

4 posters

Manny juicing

techierick
    techierick

Manny juicing Empty Manny juicing

Post  techierick Thu May 07, 2009 10:51 am

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Manny juicing Empty Re: Manny juicing

Post  Rick F Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 am

I just saw it too....Manny say it ain't so!!! This is so depressing...

I really thought he was one of the clean guys. I say it every time but really at this point there is no one anymore you can trust period. At least he got caught and we know but it's a sad day for me as a baseball fan.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Thu May 07, 2009 11:01 am

Once the substance he took leaks brace yourself for the excuse. Does he blame it on another player, trainer, didn't realize what he was taking...or perhaps he maybe even misremembers taking anything.

GG Dodger fan. Hope you enjoyed that 21-8 record while it lasted.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu May 07, 2009 11:39 am

Here is the latest from Manny himself...

The commissioner's office didn't announce the specific violation by Ramirez, but in a statement Thursday provided by Major League Baseball, Ramirez attributed the violation to medication he had been prescribed by a doctor.

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said. "Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now.

"I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons. I want to apologize to [Dodgers owner Frank] McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, [manager Joe] Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

After consultation with the Players' Association and his personal representatives, Ramirez waived his right to challenge the suspension. He will lose about one-third of his $25 million salary.

Ramirez's test result was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu May 07, 2009 2:21 pm

looks like he tested positive for a women's fertility drug, used to stimulate the production of testosterone AFTER you take roids.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu May 07, 2009 2:25 pm

techierick wrote:looks like he tested positive for a women's fertility drug, used to stimulate the production of testosterone AFTER you take roids.

He probably got it from the Andrew's Institute lol. I really want to believe this was just a dumb move on his part and he hasn't truly been juicing but this tarnishes it for sure. He has got to know better, anytime he takes any medication at all he should triple check it. Especially the way things are nowadays. If it's true that he had 15 tests the last 5 seasons and has been clean then he needs to push MLB to get that official information out there. Not really sure why he wouldn't appeal this either unless he knows he has no chance of winning.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu May 07, 2009 2:38 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-ramirezsuspension050709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now they're saying it was a sexual enhancement drug. Only Manny could get suspended for a sexual enhancing drug lol. Manny being Manny.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Thu May 07, 2009 3:51 pm

All I want now is for Pujols to test +, that would make my fucking year.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm

ralworth wrote:All I want now is for Pujols to test +, that would make my fucking year.

I admit I'm rooting for Pujols to be clean. In my sad state I want SOMEONE to be clean outta these guys. I have this sad dream that one of these guys was doing it the right way. Pretty much a dead dream though at this point...next thing you know Griffey will test positive.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Thu May 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Griffey never picked up a weight a day in his life. That's the main reason he was hurt all the time. I think he could have been the best baseball plaer ever. Yea, I know it's crazy talk.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri May 08, 2009 9:21 am

ralworth wrote:Griffey never picked up a weight a day in his life. That's the main reason he was hurt all the time. I think he could have been the best baseball plaer ever. Yea, I know it's crazy talk.

Yeah I agree, even after all the positive tests by sluggers I will still go to my grave thinking Griffey was clean unless there is something proven otherwise. He was just an incredible natural talent and if he would have stayed healthy would be considered one of the greatest if not greatest of all time. He still should be put up there near the top since he is one outta 4 players to have 600+ homers not counting Bonds and Sosa.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Fri May 08, 2009 10:15 am

If Griffey hit the weights and juiced during the 90's I think he wouldn't have been hurt near as much and could possibly have hit 800. His work ethic was average, but talent wise I believe top 5 of all time hitters just going off raw talent. They said this guy was ready to step off his high school baseball field and could be inserted into a big league lineup right away. Incredible!
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 am

Griff was amazing. I remember his rookie year in Seattle, the perfect swing, even more so than Palmeiro. Effortless. Fluid. Perhaps the most TALENTED player of our generation. I'm with you Rick, I NEED someone to be clean. I just can't imagine everyone is doing it. SOMEONE had to be doing it the right way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:42 pm