Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Manny back to being Manny

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Manny back to being Manny Empty Manny back to being Manny

Post  Rick F Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 am

Ramirez rejects Dodgers’ latest offer

The combination of Manny and Scott Boras is about the worst possible player/agent duo you could have. Boras uses that same tactic saying there are "other offers" out there for everybody. Didn't work with A-Rod, he went back to NY, and it's not gonna work with Manny. There aren't many teams at all that can afford to shell out what LA is already offering. 45 million over to years?! 25 million the first year and an option to become a free agent after this year if he wants. What else could you want Manny? I mean there is probably two other teams that could afford you...NY and Boston. Boston doesn't want you back and NY probably doesn't want to shell out the money it would take to get you since they've already broken the bank. Just stop this nonsense and sign with LA. They want you there and you enjoy playing there.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Manny back to being Manny Empty Re: Manny back to being Manny

Post  ed moyer Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 am

Exactly. Makes you wonder how much of this is actually Boras. That dude is a liar and who knows what he is relating back to Manny. While Manny is partially to blame also I'm sure he wants to get back in Dodger blue. Manny prob doesn't care at the moment because he doesnt need spring training anyway, but if Boras keeps this up I would hope Manny will step in to get this right. It would be a shame and a slap in the face if he misses the opener.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:47 pm