Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Lame Kiffin signs Bryce Brown

ed moyer
    ed moyer

Lame Kiffin signs Bryce Brown Empty Lame Kiffin signs Bryce Brown

Post  ed moyer Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Wow.....good job Lame. No idea how you pulled that one off, but after the turmoil you have caused that was clutch!
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Lame Kiffin signs Bryce Brown Empty Re: Lame Kiffin signs Bryce Brown

Post  Rick F Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:40 pm

ed moyer wrote:Wow.....good job Lame. No idea how you pulled that one off, but after the turmoil you have caused that was clutch!

Match made in heaven right there. You got a diva recruit who was paying a handler to do the dirty work and then pair him with Kiffin...90210 thinks UT will have too much drama.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:54 am

This guy sounds like a diva and he hasn't even played a snap on the field. Perfect for UT. He's calling UT the next USC? Oh ok sure...In the past this guy would be perfect for a team like Miami but I think Miami got the best out of this deal in the long run. I read an article yesterday where one of his former high school coaches said Brown was a cancer that did nothing but divide the locker room on his high school team. Here is another part of an article that was on Rivals. Good luck with this guy Kiffin.

Instead he is going with a new head coach that has promised a quick jump into the upper echelon. Brown says he sees Tennessee now becoming the next USC.

Apparently Kiffin is quite a salesman.

UM, of course, tries to rely on reality.

So what did Brown have to say as parting words to the Canes, who he never publicly decommitted from until today?

"Over the course I watched all of Miami's games, and offensively I felt they didn't know what they were doing," Brown said. "I met with the new offensive coordinator.

"It's nothing Miami didn't do. I just felt I had to weigh my options out and it turned out this way."

Brown didn't even list UM as in the picture at the end. He said No. 2 on his list was Kansas State, and he also said he might have gone with Oregon if he'd made a signing day decision.

It didn't have to turn out this way, of course. Brown didn't have to commit early if he wasn't sure. He could have decommitted when he opened things up instead of having his family insist he remained committed.

Brown could even have done something unheard of: Announce on Signing Day like pretty much every other recruit out there.

Instead he singled himself out for special attention. That was a warning sign to Cane coaches - Randy Shannon has always said one of the toughest things he has to do each year is getting five-star recruits to play with a one-star mentality.

Will Bryce Brown ever get that one-star team-first mentality?

If today and this recruiting process was any indication, probably not.

But he's not Miami's problem now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:44 am