Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

"Lame" Kiffin

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

"Lame" Kiffin Empty "Lame" Kiffin

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Is this guy out of his mind? Urban Meyer is saving up his time outs now for the 4th quarter when they're up 56-7 so he can savor the beat down. Tebow is probably already got his pads on in his backyard throwing footballs through a tire. Those two are not guys you wanna give a reason to beat you.
    Brandon
    Brandon

"Lame" Kiffin Empty Re: "Lame" Kiffin

Post  Brandon Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:38 pm

I just hope they can beat Bama. UT, that is.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Brandon wrote:I just hope they can beat Bama. UT, that is.

Of course you do. I'm sure you have Rocky Top as your ring tone too. I just want to beat them even if it's 24-23. But I'd like to see Florida roll a 50 bomb on them. Meyer doesn't have a problem lighting you up if you step on his toes.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm

rickvox79 wrote:
    Brandon wrote:I just hope they can beat Bama. UT, that is.

Of course you do. I'm sure you have Rocky Top as your ring tone too. I just want to beat them even if it's 24-23. But I'd like to see Florida roll a 50 bomb on them. Meyer doesn't have a problem lighting you up if you step on his toes.

The ring tone comment was pretty low. I know you hate UT about as much as me or more. I wonder if Fulmer needs a job? Maybe Spurrier can let him join his staff. That would be a great sight to see.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Funny how Kiffin calls out Meyer for recruiting violations then has to report his own a week later. Not to mention he incorrectly made those allegations towards Meyer. Nice start there bud. Could Al Davis have been right for once?!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3895532
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Lane stepping on toes already....

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:28 am

This guy doesn't give up

Kiffin gives first speech since firestorm

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee football coach Lane Kiffin was on his best behavior Wednesday afternoon as he spoke at the Big Orange Tip-Off Club, his first public speech since last week's firestorm from the recruiting celebrations.

And Kiffin wanted everyone to know it.

"We'll make sure that we don't offend anyone in the conference or any other school," Kiffin said as he took the podium. "We'll be very nice."

But the 33-year-old coach was not in a shell and wasn't exactly backing off from anything.

"I like to have fun with some things," Kiffin said. "The example I can give you is that [South Carolina coach] Steve Spurrier came out the first day I was here and accused me of recruiting without having passed the test [as required by the NCAA].

"I didn't call the [SEC] commissioner whining about it. I just shot back at him, joking around with him. We'll make sure we're aware of how sensitive people are around here."

The event, which drew a packed house, was full of laughs over last week's events. Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl joked he was in attendance because he was curious to see what Kiffin had to say. Pearl noted that Kiffin had gotten done in one week what it took him a year to do - namely become the least popular coach in the SEC.

Kiffin, who smiled and laughed at every comment, even got in the act when one of the event organizers planted a call on his cell phone and turned to Kiffin telling him it was Urban Meyer on the phone. Kiffin stood, grabbed the phone and left the room acting as if he was talking to Meyer.

Wednesday the message was clear, Kiffin's confidence has not wavered. He is not backing down, and he feels the message his actions have sent to his football team has created a positive.

"Here's the point of it: This is about our players," Kiffin said. "We're not going to win any games without them ... If it took that stuff to get that done, it's working. And if it took that stuff to get our players motivated at 5:30 in the morning, it's working. I like the way it's going."
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Pretty funny Paul Finebaum article

Talking about the SEC media day that's coming up here soon. Pretty funny take on it.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Nice, finebaum is an unabashed homer, but he does come up with some good stuff occasionally. The Beano/bear reset was spot on, too.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:05 pm

techierick wrote:Nice, finebaum is an unabashed homer, but he does come up with some good stuff occasionally. The Beano/bear reset was spot on, too.

The funny thing about Finebaum is he is a University of Tennessee graduate. I listen to his show on podcast sometimes and he has been all over Kiffin lately calling for UT to fire him. He definitely seems to have a man crush on Saban although I think Nick hurt his feelings the other day when he said he doesn't listen to his radio show. I used to think he hated Alabama because he blasted Dennis Franchione, Mike Shula and the school in general while those guys were there but he definitely loves on Saban when he can.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:18 pm

I was sure he was a bama grad up until i heard him say he went to UT. It shocked the hell out of me.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:23 pm

techierick wrote:I was sure he was a bama grad up until i heard him say he went to UT. It shocked the hell out of me.

Yeah kinda weird that he would move to Birmingham and take over writing on Alabama/Auburn sports. But Neil McCready, another sports writer, worked in Mobile for the Mobile Register and had a radio show out of Mobile for awhile but he was an Ole Miss grad. He's back there working in Mississippi again but I guess these guys just look for the best work wherever they can get it. From what Finebaum has said before, he was kicked off UT's school newspaper as a freshman because he criticized one of the coaches then. He's never had a problem rippin on people that's for sure. Mike Shula probably stabs voodoo dolls of him every night. I used to get mad when I saw him be so harsh on Franchione and Shula....then I finally saw through my crimson colored sunglasses (hard to do for a Bama fan) and realized he was pretty much right on both of those guys. In the end I think Shula is happy back coaching QB's in the NFL where he was before. He's a good guy and a Bama grad. Hopefully he won't hate his alma mater forever.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:27 pm