Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Kiffin heading to USC

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Kiffin heading to USC Empty Kiffin heading to USC

Post  Rick F Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 am

Wow I don't even know where to begin on this fiasco. Got a text about it last night and spent the better part of the night on forums reading as the story broke down in Knoxville. Students rioting, burning mattresses, chasing his car down the road as he left, tear gas fired into the mob. Players walking out of his final meeting saying they weren't listening to the garbage. What a disaster for Tennessee but you know what you hire this guy and you have to expect this.

It will set Tenn back a little bit but I think in the long run this is for the best for them. But a lot of that will depend on who they get to replace him. I think in the end they'll be glad he got outta there when he did instead of wasting 3-4 seasons and getting canned or getting them put on probation. Cracks me up that USC seems happy he is coming. Really? Good luck with that. Kiffin was at least their 5th choice. The NCAA hammer is about to come down hard on them so Petey gets outta town on the fastest boat he can to Seattle and Mike Riley, Peterson, Del Rio shoot them down. Last resort? Go after Kiffin. He'll end up like Shula was at Alabama....get them through probation and then see ya. Fires burning in Knoxville right now and if I was Kiffin I would get out of town ASAP.
    techierick
    techierick

Kiffin heading to USC Empty Re: Kiffin heading to USC

Post  techierick Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm

why would USC want a dude that would come to them under these terms. Just goes to show he'd leave you in a year for an offer from the pros. Would serve him right if all Carrol's recruits left.

Tenn. gets fucked royally though. He's singlehandedly set them back 5 years.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:11 pm