Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low

techierick
    techierick

Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low Empty Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low

Post  techierick Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 am

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low Empty Re: Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low

Post  Rick F Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm not sure where I come out on this. I agree that QBs shouldn't be taking late hits or cheap shots but some of the stuff is really close to being borderline. Why not have the QB out there in a bubble or let em wear a different color jersey or give them flags that you have to pull instead of tackling them.

I agree that QBs need to have an extra eye on them most of the time since they are the huge target that all defenders go after but you can't completely handicap a defense 100% of the time. It boils down to making the right calls if you are gonna call a late or unnecessary hit.
    techierick
    techierick

Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low Empty Re: Clarification on defenders hitting QB's low

Post  techierick Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 pm

I kind of get it, the hits to the knee and below are a problem with a quarterback who is throwing and completely defenseless.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:34 am