Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

McGwire returns as hitting coach

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

McGwire returns as hitting coach Empty McGwire returns as hitting coach

Post  Rick F Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:45 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3976320

McGwire did briefly address criticism he has received for being linked to performance-enhancing drugs. "I'm such an easygoing guy," he said, according to the Times. "I don't need to sweep away any bitterness."

Soooo what you're basically saying is really nothing at all right? At least he didn't give us the "past" line again. I know this guy has stayed outta the spotlight since the disaster in front of congress but if he's gonna start coaching some he'll have a hard time keeping the press at bay. If there has ever been someone that it is painfully obvious that they did steroids, without actually coming out and saying it, then that would be McGwire. I think he's a good guy but I think he would regain alot of honor inside the game and among fans if he just came out and admitted it and said "You know what give Roger Maris back the record." I don't see that happening but you can always dream.

Speaking of McGwire I wonder what happened with that book his brother was supposed to write? Imagine the tension at a family gathering. You got former Seahawks washout QB Dan and then the black sheep of the family that wants to rat out his brother. I don't know which tension would be worse, that or the tension you could cut with a knife as Canseco sat just a few feet from McGwire during the congress hearings.

McGwire returns as hitting coach Mcgwire_allMcGwire returns as hitting coach Mcgwire_canseco_ft
    ralworth
    ralworth

McGwire returns as hitting coach Empty Re: McGwire returns as hitting coach

Post  ralworth Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:18 pm

[img]McGwire returns as hitting coach Jaymac10[/img]

Gee, wonder if Jay was on the sauce.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Wow, I forgot all about Dan..man that was a name from the past. Although I'm sure Matt Holliday truly appreciates that BP insight, Mark will get beat down by the press if he comes out in the public eye again. Like Rome says its one thing to do it, but to boldly lie about it is what makes these guys look so bad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:38 pm