Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak

techierick
    techierick

Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak Empty Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak

Post  techierick Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:10 am

ed moyer
    ed moyer

Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak Empty Re: Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak

Post  ed moyer Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Nice, That is a record no one has really come close to at the show. Rolen is at 25 games, but as you get near 30 the pressure mounts. I think one big factor is that many specialty pitchers are brought in so its tough when your not getting 4 ab's against the same guy like back in the day. Still 45 straight is very impressive even in the minors.
    techierick
    techierick

Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak Empty Re: Minor Leagure with a 45 Game hitting streak

Post  techierick Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:12 am

Seriously, man. 45 straight? That's insane. That's softball shit.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:22 pm

techierick wrote:Seriously, man. 45 straight? That's insane. That's softball shit.

Yeah I always thought if anyone had an outside shot at it maybe it would be Ichiro. I know he had 30 or so earlier this year and I think Zimmerman did too if I remember right. Ichiro always seems to be able to get at least one hit per game whether he dinks one into the gap or beats out a infield single.

Even he came out and said 56 was impossible when his streak ended. I don't think we'll ever see anyone reach it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 pm