Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Michigan coach denies wrongdoing

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Michigan coach denies wrongdoing Empty Michigan coach denies wrongdoing

Post  Rick F Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:12 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4434031

I'm not sure what to make of this. Part of me wonders if RichRod is gonna last two games more at Michigan or if it's his players actually have to do some work and being pushed and not being used to it. From what I heard Lloyd Carr wasn't someone that really pushed his players and now they have a new coach in there and they don't want to listen or push themselves in workouts.

I know this if they lose to Western Michigan that guy is out the door faster than Lou Holtz can predict Notre Dame to make the national title game every year. I will say also that I'm extremely glad his wife RitaRod shot down his contract to go to Alabama at the last minute. I can't even imagine the disaster of RichRod coaching at Alabama...wow....
    techierick
    techierick

Michigan coach denies wrongdoing Empty Re: Michigan coach denies wrongdoing

Post  techierick Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:36 pm

A very large part of me thinks these whiny kids are just not wanting to work so hard. Can't even imagine how they'd handle the Bear. I say shut up and put in your work. You wanna go pro? this is where you make it, not on Sunday.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:49 pm

techierick wrote:A very large part of me thinks these whiny kids are just not wanting to work so hard. Can't even imagine how they'd handle the Bear. I say shut up and put in your work. You wanna go pro? this is where you make it, not on Sunday.

I gotta agree with you, I think it's more of the players not wanting to put in the work than it's on Rodriguez probably. They had Bo and then Carr and that has been it for years and years. Suddenly you bring in new blood and he's not a "Michigan Man" and he's making you workout harder and has a different approach.

The leash on RichRod is going to be extremely short due to the fact that he isn't a part of the Michigan family originally and the pressure is huge to get them back to where they normally are in the Big 10 and nationally. I've witnessed this before as an Alabama fan when Bill Curry basically ran into the same problems after he took over for Ray Perkins (who had in turn taken over for Bear Bryant). Curry was not a Bama guy originally and when he couldn't beat Auburn they showed him the door quickly. I think they need to give him time to get his guys in there and get his program running the way that he is used too. Problem may be that he won't be given the amount of time needed to do that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:08 pm