Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

FSU President calls out...Samford?

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

FSU President calls out...Samford? Empty FSU President calls out...Samford?

Post  Rick F Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:30 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2009/03/fsu-president-tk-wetherell-needs-to-apologize-for-profanely-denigrating-samford-university.html

So TK goes and calls out Samford. TK buddy, you have to know your pal Bobby went to school there and coached there. I love how he immediately apologized after making that comment. Everyone there could see the foot being inserted into the mouth from the moment that comment flew out. I have to agree with the sportswriter that wrote this and his initial column. Those wins Bobby got at Howard shouldn't count anyway. It was not a division 1 football team at the time and really there are plenty of sports commentators that are in agreement about that except maybe Bobby's pal Burt Reynolds.

I heard Beano Cook sayin the other day that those wins shouldn't count (disregard the fact that Beano said Ron Powlos would win 2 straight heismans at Notre Dame)and that's been the majority consensus really. I'm just tired of seeing Paterno and Bowden fight it out every year. Bobby just let JoePa get the wins, it's over man...it's over...It should be interesting to see if he calls it a day after this season because Jimbo Fisher has a stipulation in his contract where he'll get 4-5 million if he's NOT the current head coach by 2010 or 2011 I think it is.
    techierick
    techierick

FSU President calls out...Samford? Empty Re: FSU President calls out...Samford?

Post  techierick Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:09 am

Agreed. The program is stagnating now, too. They had an awesome run in the 90's and early 00's, but let it go, BB. You can't turn this program around. And also, let's face it, while you did have that great run, Joe-Pa's been better, longer and DESERVES the record. Let it go.. go sip lemonade, holler at kids on your lawn, and you and Burt and your sons can sit around and talk about the good old days.

Seriously, dude, Shaq Daddy thinks you're trying to hold on too long.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:42 pm