Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins Empty For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins

Post  Rick F Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/22/sports/ncaafootball/22usc.html?ref=sports

I hope the NCAA brings the hammer down on these guys. Seems like it has taken forever to finally get to this point while the Reggie Bush stuff has been known for several years now. Some of the quotes in this article are pretty telling especially the one saying this was the longest case they've had. USC is a golden child but we'll see if that holds up to a slap on the wrist or some crippling sanctions. Either way USC losing some scholarships is not a huge deal since they only seem to sign 5 stars anyway. But if they lose a few seasons of post season play that could be a little more damaging for Kiffin and his henchmen.
    techierick
    techierick

For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins Empty Re: For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins

Post  techierick Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Honestly, I have nothing against USC as a school, however, Kiffin.....I hope they slap them so hard Kiffin is looking for another job NEXT week.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins Empty Re: For U.S.C. Football, the Squirming Begins

Post  Rick F Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Wow everyone thinking USC may slide were definitely singing a different tune after today. 30 scholarships over 3 years? 2 year post season ban? No more Snoop Dogg or Will Ferrell at practice? Karma followed you from Knoxville to LA there Kiffin. And I thought Alabama got hit hard in 2001....30 scholarships, even for a recruiting powerhouse like USC, is pretty devastating to say the least. Not to mention the last several years they had not maxed out the recruits taken. Their numbers will be thin and continue to be that way for awhile. It won't be a deathblow for USC but it will set them back for quite some time IMO.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Reggie Bush is a scumbag.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:37 pm