Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year

ed moyer
    ed moyer

Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year Empty Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year

Post  ed moyer Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 am

Well, it was a long time coming but damn that dude had to go. Henry is still a good GM, but hopefully he learned from his panic moves last winter and not to get caught up in the pressure to win it all at any cost. He had a great team that just needed another spark or 2, not free agent jackasses with a bad history like Bradley and Gregg.....so trade Bradley for a middle reliever, eat that 20 million, and go pick back up Derosa this fall whatever it cost so you can earn your respect back with the players...next time find out who your cluhouse leaders are and keep them!! Also, get Sweet Lou some cases of 5 hour energy for next year...he seem to be getting a little old and tired these days.

Last edited by ed moyer on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year Empty Re: Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year

Post  Rick F Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:18 am

It was a long time coming for them to get rid of Bradley. I heard someone compare him to Terrell Owens saying he is like the T.O. of baseball. Pretty fair assessment since both seem to bring their cancer and infect every team they play on. You have to ask is there any team out there that would want this guy but there inevitably will be. He'll go there and spread his attitude to everyone else and then he'll be gone. Continuing cycle....
    techierick
    techierick

Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year Empty Re: Milton Bradley suspended for rest of year

Post  techierick Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 am

Do you actually think at this point anyone would give you a bag of BP baseballs for Milton Bradley? I can't imagine anyone taking that cancer. His act is old and tired and I think he's reached Carl Everett status now.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 pm

I just don't understand it, but someone will and feel like they can fix him. I remember a quote the other day from some dude on the Brewers who said when he was with Oakland in 2006 Bradley was their best player in the playoffs. It's people like that who focus too much on his power, speed, and scouting #'s rather than the actual cancer he is. Some desperate GM will feel like they have received a bargain and have the staff to control him. Doesn't make any sense to me. How Henry EVER thought something different would happen is beyond me. Like the Eagles and Cowboys it takes teams awhile to settle back down from dealing with this crap; financially and team chemistry wise.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am