Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long Empty Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long

Post  Rick F Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:16 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4367025

I wonder which HoFer he's talking about. Anyone recent? Could Rickey Henderson be the guy? I've never really even thought about him, you would think most HoFers in now would mostly have played before that era.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long Empty Re: Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long

Post  ralworth Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 pm

1.He was a longtime teammate of Jose.

2.He did play in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's.

3. When I typed Rickey Henderson into Google, it's auto complete suggestion added steroids. I think everyone thinks he had some sort of help and is checking up on it.

It has to be him.

I just looked at the list of HOF members for the last 10 years. The only guys that possibly could have are Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken, Jr. I would say hell no to both.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long Empty Re: Canseco speaking on Ortiz...didn't take long

Post  ed moyer Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:28 am

Steroids existed in that area, but since no one did it everyone didn't feel the pressure of "having to keep up". It wouldn't surprise me if Rickey was juicing. That blend of speed and power was crazy. Him and Dykstra were the poster-boys for roids...I just think during the 80's it was cooler to be in a club hitting some nose candy rather than a gym with the juice.

makes me wonder if bo jackson ever tried it or was he just a freak that only comes around every 50 years.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:37 pm

Jim Thome??
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:34 pm

ralworth wrote:Jim Thome??

Hmmm yeah I could see Thome being a roider. I really hope not cause he seems like a good guy but I've been burned down that road before. Hopefully he's clean but I guess we'll find out if that list ever gets released.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:20 am