Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

UConn may be in trouble

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

UConn may be in trouble Empty UConn may be in trouble

Post  Rick F Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:32 am

UConn may be in trouble and no not from their match up in the tourney. The NCAA is investigating and it doesn't sound good. Even former OU and Indiana coach Kelvin Sampson thinks UConn should back off sending so many illegal text messages.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4014188
    techierick
    techierick

UConn may be in trouble Empty Re: UConn may be in trouble

Post  techierick Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:37 pm

The thing I always wonder, how do reporters get call and text message records? That shit's illegal as hell (as anyone who worked at our friendly cable company knows)
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 pm

techierick wrote:The thing I always wonder, how do reporters get call and text message records? That shit's illegal as hell (as anyone who worked at our friendly cable company knows)

Probably Freedom of Information Act. I don't know how that works but I know Mitch Mustain (former Arkansas QB) used it to get Houston Nutt's cellphone records when he was still coaching at Arkansas. Exposed a bunch of texts and phone calls to a female reporter if I remember right.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 am

back in the day, you could do that. Now there's a TON of security surrounding phone records, I mean, it takes a court order to get em, in most cases. It's just weird. That said, this kid has an axe to grind with CT also. They dumped him because he couldn't keep his ass out of trouble so there's no telling what's going on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:12 am