Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

6 OT's for Syracuse and UConn?!

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

6 OT's for Syracuse and UConn?! Empty 6 OT's for Syracuse and UConn?!

Post  Rick F Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:30 am

I watched the last bit of regulation when that Syracuse player hit a 3 when a deflected pass rolled right to him. It was waved off though after a long look at the replay because it was still on his finger tips when the clock hit zero. I watched a little more and then went to bed but little did I know the game would go into 6 overtimes! Calhoun is probably not to thrilled with that especially since the tourney starts soon and his guys are probably gassed after that epic battle. At least they're out early though and can rest a little. What a game though.
    techierick
    techierick

6 OT's for Syracuse and UConn?! Empty Re: 6 OT's for Syracuse and UConn?!

Post  techierick Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:32 am

That was sick. You see Boeheim after the game cracking on the dude that kept missing layups?
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:27 am

techierick wrote:That was sick. You see Boeheim after the game cracking on the dude that kept missing layups?

I was just reading over some of the stats on ESPN.com and they're insane. 8 players fouled out, Syracuse was 23-26 from the FT line in OT. The teams combined for 103 field-goal attempts and 102 points in OT (211 total attempts in the game). Syracuse never led in overtime prior to the sixth extra period. Sounds like they almost had to start pulling fans from the stands to finish out this epic game.
    dre

Post  dre Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 pm

yea that game was epic.. i didnt even know it was still going when i went to sleep.. was watching The Lebron's play phoenix.. a lot of favorites for the tourney dropping out early in their respective conf. tourneys.. might turn out to be an advantage.. especially since the selection chair already stated that they would be waying what happened during the whole season and not so much during conf. tourney play..
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:00 pm

dre wrote:yea that game was epic.. i didnt even know it was still going when i went to sleep.. was watching The Lebron's play phoenix.. a lot of favorites for the tourney dropping out early in their respective conf. tourneys.. might turn out to be an advantage.. especially since the selection chair already stated that they would be waying what happened during the whole season and not so much during conf. tourney play..

Yeah I think it's a silver lining for some of the big teams out early like UConn, Kansas, and Pitt. Gives them time to rest up for the real deal instead of trudging through conference tourney. I honestly don't see the point in them really. You have regular season conference winner and then a tourney? Why not just let the top 2 teams in the conference play each other in a title game or something instead of going through a tournament. You get the vibe from coaches like Roy Williams that they'd really just like to skip it. I know when Alabama has won the regular season SEC title in the past I didn't really care at all what happened in the conference tourney.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content