Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Perfect game...nope

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Perfect game...nope Empty Perfect game...nope

Post  Rick F Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 am

I know you guys saw it last night but wow. How can you blow that call with 2 outs in the 9th and a perfect game on the line. I give the umpire Joyce credit for apologizing and saying it was the worst call ever. He said he understands why they were upset and he would've been too. He also went and personally apologized to the pitcher but come on man. How can you make that call. It was a bang bang play but to me you gotta go with the out there. The amazing thing is it would have been 3 perfect games in like 3 weeks. Insane considering there was 18 in the history of baseball going into this season.

I think they need to start looking at some kinda replay other than just HR calls. I know you want to keep the game pure and I definitely wouldn't recommend it for balls and strikes but close plays at first or other bases at least. Let each team have maybe 1 replay per game allowed. Oh well, just my thoughts but you hate to see that guy get robbed when being so close to history.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Perfect game...nope Empty Re: Perfect game...nope

Post  ralworth Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 am

That would have been the 3rd this year. Do the hitters just suck that bad? I know pitching isn't that great, with the exception of a few.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:56 am