Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

4 posters

McGwire finally admits it

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

McGwire finally admits it Empty McGwire finally admits it

Post  Rick F Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=9533663

Took him awhile but I think he realized that now he is the hitting coach for the Cardinals he couldn't avoid the press and the questions everyday. Took him long enough but he finally has come clean. Let's see who the next one will be.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

McGwire finally admits it Empty Re: McGwire finally admits it

Post  ed moyer Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 pm

I am glad he admitted it and I hope he does eventually get into the hall. Even though he was a juicer I always enjoyed him even going back to the rookie season when he popped 49.

It's good timing because he can answer all the questions and by the time spring training comes around another crazy story will surface. Also, as hitting coach he can make a positive impact on the game and help repair some damage from his ERA.

HOWEVER,,,stay away from Pujols!!!!!!!!! Do not offer that dude any roids please! Stay clean Albert
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:21 pm

ed moyer wrote:I am glad he admitted it and I hope he does eventually get into the hall. Even though he was a juicer I always enjoyed him even going back to the rookie season when he popped 49.

It's good timing because he can answer all the questions and by the time spring training comes around another crazy story will surface. Also, as hitting coach he can make a positive impact on the game and help repair some damage from his ERA.

HOWEVER,,,stay away from Pujols!!!!!!!!! Do not offer that dude any roids please! Stay clean Albert

Yeah I just wish he would have admitted it earlier. Sounds like he took some bad advice from his lawyer but that was pretty obvious watching him squirm on Capitol Hill. I think he thought maybe he could just stay low and it would eventually go away but instead it only grew into a bigger story with each new revelation coming out. I think there will be some forgiveness eventually in terms of the HoF but it'll be interesting to see.

I'm still in shock that Roberto Alomar didn't make it. Compare his stats to Ryne Sandberg's and he has him beat in almost every category other than HR's. I know the spitting incident was bad but he publicly apologized multiple times and even donated to the umpire's foundation. I don't remember any rumors of him being on roids. I guess the assumption is everyone is guilty until proven innocent from that era.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 pm

ed moyer wrote:

Too little too late for Big Mac. I'm with you though, we need ONE dude we can believe in. Let it be Pujols
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:55 pm

It'll be interesting to see if any of these guys are ever let into the HoF. I think at some point you need to add a steroids era wing of the HoF. If there is admission to guilt or overwhelming evidence put them there. It's hard to discount an entire decade. You had some guys that definitely put up great numbers. I guess we'll see if attitudes soften in time but there is no doubt these guys will continually be punished each time the ballots go out.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:07 am

Yeah I heard the Goose on Rome yesterday making some interesting statements. It sure is tough. I can see the point where no juicer should ever be let in, but how can you judge honestly who did and who didn't? It's got to be all or nothing. I just saw Bagwell is on the ballot next year. It's a toss up whether he gets in, but I am almost 99% sure that guy juiced. He was a freak...and I feel without the juice he was just a .270 15 HR 80 RBI kind of guy. It's only the record breaker guys that really got exposed...and those Vets are bitter as hell about the records that fell and the meaningless 500HR achievement during the era. I do feel bad for the Jeters, Delgado's, Ichiro's of that time though...and don't forgot the possible best clean pitcher ever for a decade, Pedro who still found a way to dominate the steroids era.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Well, there's always the argument these guys saved the game of baseball. Also, its a matter of time before Pujlos comes clean. LOL
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:04 am