Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Cutler situation getting worse

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Cutler situation getting worse Empty Cutler situation getting worse

Post  Rick F Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

So according to ESPN this situation has gotten worse before it has gotten better after a phone call between McDaniel and Cutler. Rick man...your boy from NE is catching some heat and he hasn't coached a game! Lane Kiffin thinks this guy is starting off on the wrong foot. I heard McDaniel on Rome before this whole deal went down and he came off very well but alienating your star QB before the season starts is not usually the best idea. If this keeps getting worse I think the only course for them to take will be to get a trade. Last thing you need is Cutler spreading like a cancer in the locker room all season long and not giving 100% on the field cause he doesn't respect the coach. They may have to open up the trading block again but if they do that they better do it soon. Get a new guy in there fast to try and stop the bleeding before this spirals outta control.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Cutler situation getting worse Empty Re: Cutler situation getting worse

Post  ed moyer Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 am

Rick F wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

Lane Kiffin thinks this guy is starting off on the wrong foot.

Best quote I'v heard this week!!
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 pm

lmao. He has to realize, Belicheck can get away with shit like that because he's BILL FREAKIN BELICHECK. McDaniel? he's a former OC who is just getting is first gig as a head. He needs to earn his cred.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Still getting worse. This has been a classic story. That dude seriously got butt hurt from those Cassell trade talks.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Jay Cutler was a no-show on Monday for coach Josh McDaniels’ first team meeting and the start of the Denver Broncos’ offseason workouts, and if he gets his way, he’ll never step foot in the team’s training facility again.

“The Denver Broncos confirm that Jay Cutler has requested a trade,” team spokesman Jim Saccomano told The Associated Press on Monday.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:24 pm

wow. awesome. Doesn't Cutler remember he's Jay Cutler, not Tom Brady? Ok, so the QB situation in Denver is pretty bad, but seriously? He's NOT going to a contender, and he'll end up someplace like Detroit.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 pm

techierick wrote:wow. awesome. Doesn't Cutler remember he's Jay Cutler, not Tom Brady? Ok, so the QB situation in Denver is pretty bad, but seriously? He's NOT going to a contender, and he'll end up someplace like Detroit.

Yeah I think McDaniel dropped the ball in this situation but at this point Cutler is really looking like the bigger jackass in this whole deal. They tried to trade you, I know it hurts but you have to man up now and prove people wrong instead of being a baby. He's really showing his maturity, or lack of it, right now. This situation could be really bad for both Denver and Cutler if it doesn't get worked out soon.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 am

Denver released a statement on Cutler.

“Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful. A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

Here's hoping they trade that douchebag to Detroit. I've about had enough of his act. Let's see how it plays in futility central.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 am

techierick wrote:Denver released a statement on Cutler.

“Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful. A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

Here's hoping they trade that douchebag to Detroit. I've about had enough of his act. Let's see how it plays in futility central.

Yeah I agree with you. I think the Broncos went about it the wrong way in some cases with him but he's gone way over the line at this point. He's showing his maturity right now and obviously it's lacking. You gotta get in there and hug things out and move on, not hold onto it like a baby. It's a business plain and simple. Here's hoping the Broncos get the better deal out of this when the trade happens.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:08 am

Seriously, at this point I want him to go to Detroit. I can think of nothing better for this whiny little bitch than to get his ass kicked weekly for the next 3 years while winning about 3 times a season.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 am

techierick wrote:Seriously, at this point I want him to go to Detroit. I can think of nothing better for this whiny little bitch than to get his ass kicked weekly for the next 3 years while winning about 3 times a season.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit and Denver worked out a deal so Denver could get Stafford and maybe another pick. Detroit and Cutler make a perfect couple.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4034863

This is getting really old. Somehow I doubt that the owner would be lying when he says he tried to contact him. I'm sure as bad as this situation is gone that he probably tried multiple times. McDaniel has started in a deep hole I know that much. Partly his fault and partly the fault of an immature QB. He's gonna have some ground to make up and whatever trade they get for Cutler it's going to be incredibly important for them to get something good out of that trade.

Denver should trade him to Buffalo so TO and Cutler can be together on the same team. Can you imagine that?
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:27 am

Now cutler says he didn't want to be traded... when 2 1/2 weeks ago, his agent specifically requested that? He put his house AND his parents house on the market. This dude makes Roidger look truthful.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Yahoo.com sports (and probably everyone else by now) is reporting that Cutler was traded to the Bears....wow....more news on that will probably be coming soon. I'll be interested to see what they got outta that.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:44 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

So Orton and a 1st round pick in 2009 and 2010. Sounds like the Bears got the better end out of this if Cutler can grow up a little. The Bears have needed a real QB forever. Could be very good news for them.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:05 pm

yeah, the question is can he grow up. He hasn't shown it this off season. The Broncos getting orton and a 1st rounder though... man... don't like the sounds of that. What do they do? use orton till the quarterback they BETTER draft with the 1st rounder is matured?
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:01 am

I searched for the NFL draft order briefly but couldn't find it. Anyone know what pick Denver got from Chicago in the 1st round? I really don't see a good QB available if I had to guess what pick Denver gets. Of course you normally end up getting the best future QBs later in the draft it seems like but you still have to like that trade if you're Chicago. I think Denver probably set themselves back several years but doesn't look like they had much of a choice. They'll have Orton and I think Chris Sims...we'll see what happens there.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:37 am

i think it was 18 overall, and their 3rd round too (84th?) plus a 1st rounder next year. Looks like a good deal for both teams, actually. (if cutler can convince his new teamates he's not just an overpaid crybaby.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 am