Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

Mt West conference reveals playoff proposal to BCS

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Mt West conference reveals playoff proposal to BCS Empty Mt West conference reveals playoff proposal to BCS

Post  Rick F Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:23 am

MWC reveals playoff proposal to BCS

The bane of Alabama football, the Mountain West conference, has thrown together and idea for a playoff and presented it to the BCS. I'm sure they realize that it'll fall on deaf ears but nice to see them trying. I think at least a MWC team should get an automatic BCS bid. Utah, TCU, Boise St and BYU have played really well lately and deserve it more so than the Big East at this point. With four BCS bowl games then a national title game on top of that I think there is plenty of room. They should at least do a plus 1 game or something. That way you would have 4 teams with a possibility of winning the title. Not ideal but better than what is in place now. All that being said at least the BCS gets a 1 vs 2 game. I remember back in the day you would be lucky to get 1 vs 2 in the title game because of conference ties to certain bowls.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:53 am