Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

4 posters

Warner to the 49er's???

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Warner to the 49er's??? Empty Warner to the 49er's???

Post  Rick F Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm really surprised by this. Arizona seemed to drop the ball big time if they let Warner get away after leading them to a near Super Bowl win. If Warner goes I would assume Boldin would certainly hit the road too. Hard to say what Arizona is doing in this situation. I think they had an opportunity to field a good team for the next several years with the players they had assembled but if they let Warner and Boldin go then you put it in the hands of future "Dancing with the Stars" icon Matt Leinart.
    techierick
    techierick

Warner to the 49er's??? Empty Re: Warner to the 49er's???

Post  techierick Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Just broke that he signed with the Cards again, for 2 years, 23 mill, and is making a lot of noise about giving the cards a 'hometown discount'. 2 million less than the reported offer from the Niners.

Way to go mr christian.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Warner is a stand up guy. He also said he would take less money if it went to Boldin. I don't see anyone else ever doing that.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:30 am

ralworth wrote:Warner is a stand up guy. He also said he would take less money if it went to Boldin. I don't see anyone else ever doing that.

Yeah I wonder what the Cards were doing letting him hang around the market for so long. I mean he got you to the Super Bowl, don't go usual Cardinals and let Warner and Boldin go with terrible upper management decisions. I know it's the norm for you Arizona but you were seconds away from a title so get Warner for 2 more years and give it one more shot. I think they made the right move just took them longer than it should've.
    dre

Post  dre Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:59 am

As a Niner fan.. i wouldnt want him anyway.. I want Graham Harrell dammit!!!
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Hey, looks like Mr. Standup Guy had a hip injury. Did the teams KNOW about this?

Warner undergoes surgery

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner (hip) underwent surgery Tuesday, March 17, to repair a torn labrum in his left hip. Warner played most of the 2008 season with the injury. He is expected to recover in time for most of the team's offseason workouts.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Uh oh, was he using Arod's juice?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 am