Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Nomaaaaah retires

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Nomaaaaah retires Empty Nomaaaaah retires

Post  Rick F Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:18 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4981701

He had a good run there but really fell off towards the end. I think everyone thought this guy was going to be a first ballot HoFer during his early seasons but just couldn't stay healthy. Nice career but I think he'll definitely have some regrets.
    techierick
    techierick

Nomaaaaah retires Empty Re: Nomaaaaah retires

Post  techierick Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Rick F wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4981701

He had a good run there but really fell off towards the end. I think everyone thought this guy was going to be a first ballot HoFer during his early seasons but just couldn't stay healthy. Nice career but I think he'll definitely have some regrets.

Agreed, early he looked like a lock. Injuries (steroid related?) derailed him. Toward the end of his career in Boston he was a malcontent, but let's face it. He almost singlehandedly kept Boston interesting from his rookie year (97) till Manny arrived. Great hitter, fun to watch. Glad to see him retire in a Boston Uni.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:10 pm

That guy was a fantasy dream back in the day with his extra base hits...Once he got off the juice the injuries and loss of bat speed really got him. I really thought he was going to take the Cubs to the World Series back when they had Wood/Prior. Unfortunately thats when his decline started. Glad to see him retire with the Red Sox. He was the face of the franchise for years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 am