Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis?

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis? Empty Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis?

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Irsay says 'nothing's been determined'

Well the above article sounds like there is still a chance according to the Colts but I have a feeling he's already gone. He was definitely in decline last season and as much as I would love to see the old Marvin Harrison dominating like he did his whole career he may be reaching the end. Who knows maybe a fresh start would be good for him. It'll be strange seeing him in another uniform but i'm sure there are plenty of teams willing to give him a shot. I wouldn't completely write him off just yet but we'll have to wait and see. One thing I always liked about Harrison was that he went about his business very quietly and dominated a position where usually cockiness and arrogance prevails. By the time his career is said and done I would rate him up there near the top of WRs in NFL history.
    techierick
    techierick

Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis? Empty Re: Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis?

Post  techierick Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:29 pm

anyone think he could be a factor as someone's third receiver still? Or that he'd even want to?
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis? Empty Re: Marvin Harrison out of Indianapolis?

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:32 pm

techierick wrote:anyone think he could be a factor as someone's third receiver still? Or that he'd even want to?

Belichick needs to give him a call man. Imagine him and Randy Moss lining up together. Brady is back there just throwing darts to those two. 28-0 part deux. Belichick needs to reel in Taylor-Made and Marvin. Get Oil-Can Boyd while he's at it too.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:20 am

I would rank him up there as an all-time receiver. Being a quiet receiver with such a high profile guy like Manning he just didn't get that much credit. LOL at Oil Can. Can't wait to see his 1/3 IP, 5H, 5ER, 3BB, 0K's line that he puts up during his one and only spring training appearance.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 am

ed moyer wrote:I would rank him up there as an all-time receiver. Being a quiet receiver with such a high profile guy like Manning he just didn't get that much credit. LOL at Oil Can. Can't wait to see his 1/3 IP, 5H, 5ER, 3BB, 0K's line that he puts up during his one and only spring training appearance.

1102 receptions, 14580 yds and 128 TDs. Decent numbers there.... He is an easy first ballot HoFer and I know Peyton will miss having that guy lining up on the outside. My first guess is that he'll go to Philly and play with McNabb. If he can be even 25% of the receiver he once was it'll help Donovan out big time. He has needed a true WR for awhile and showed what he could do when he had TO. He'll be 37 in August though so his days are probably close to being numbered but I think he still has a good season or 2 left in him if he can stay healthy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:09 pm