Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Congrats Rick!

ed moyer
    ed moyer

Congrats Rick! Empty Congrats Rick!

Post  ed moyer Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Didn't take Saban long to get the job done. He is shaping up for a nice run there!
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Congrats Rick! Empty Re: Congrats Rick!

Post  Rick F Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:44 pm

ed moyer wrote:Didn't take Saban long to get the job done. He is shaping up for a nice run there!

Thanks man. I knew we'd probably be good this year but I was thinking 10-2. The crazy thing about Saban is that he is bringing in so much talent. Back to back #1 recruiting classes and probably a top 5 recruiting class for 2010 at worst. I think the target on Bama will be huge next year so I definitely don't see a repeat. Gotta play Penn St, Florida, @ Arkansas, @ Tenn and @ LSU so the schedule won't get any easier.

As far as the title game goes, we definitely should've had the killer instinct in the 3rd quarter but instead we went Gene Stalling conservative. Almost cost us the game but we held on with some big plays on defense. I won't complain that they didn't have Colt McCoy but that's the risk you run when you place all of your eggs in one basket and don't have much of a running game at all. Texas is gonna continue being good as well. Should be an interesting 2010 season.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Yeah man Saban is a king now....I just don't get why Pete Carroll left. Dude will go back to being an average NFL coach just for money.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 pm

ed moyer wrote:Yeah man Saban is a king now....I just don't get why Pete Carroll left. Dude will go back to being an average NFL coach just for money.

I think one reason is the NCAA is gonna come calling soon and USC is gonna have some pretty harsh penalties. He saw the writing on the wall not to mention the dip that took this season finishing 9-4 (I think). Some schools would kill for that kinda record but USC expects to win the PAC 10 every year and they finished 4th or 5th this season. But I really believe the future NCAA findings is why he is rolling out. Take it from someone who has seen a coach roll out because of sanctions *cough* Franchione *cough*
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:01 pm

didn't someone you know call this back in like september, rick? anyone? just sayin...
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm

techierick wrote:didn't someone you know call this back in like september, rick? anyone? just sayin...

Yeah we looked good I just thought we would slip up at some point or go down to Florida again. Definitely a fun season to be an Alabama fan. First Heisman, 6 All-Americans, Butkus award winner, SEC title and then national title. Saban could probably be the Governor of Alabama right now if he wanted. He is Steven Seagal of the state...above the law.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:03 pm