Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Andre Smith's Stock dropping?

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Andre Smith's Stock dropping? Empty Andre Smith's Stock dropping?

Post  Rick F Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:04 am

Andre Smith's Stock dropping?

Well as an Alabama fan it saddens me to see Andre looking so immature lately. First it was the suspension before the Sugar Bowl and now him not participating in the combine. It's so strange to see from a guy who just went about his business from starting immediately as a freshman and dominating each year at left tackle. I remember when he was a huge recruit and watching as he announced he was coming to Tuscaloosa. He was one of those players that you knew before he played his first college game that he would be there 3 years and would be in the 1st round top 5-10 easily. He never caused trouble, he never got into trouble off the field. I still think he will be a all-pro and make alot of trips to the Pro Bowl by the time his NFL career is over. But he has got to get a grip and take control because he's really coming off immature right now. I wish him the best of luck though as I always have even though I have a hard time shaking those blindside hits John Parker Wilson took repeatedly against Utah.
    techierick
    techierick

Andre Smith's Stock dropping? Empty Re: Andre Smith's Stock dropping?

Post  techierick Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:12 pm

To me that's a sure sign he's hiding something. he started the slide with the suspension, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out he's badly out of shape or something and hoping to get a quick payday before anyone really notices just how bad.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 pm

techierick wrote:To me that's a sure sign he's hiding something. he started the slide with the suspension, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out he's badly out of shape or something and hoping to get a quick payday before anyone really notices just how bad.

Yeah he probably just thought he could waltz into the combine and expect to be #1-3 pick without any work. With him I think that's strictly being naive not so much arrogance. Even with him coming off looking immature right now I still have no doubt he'll be a great NFL baller. But he's gotta surround himself with some better people not just "yes" men.
    dre

Post  dre Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

maybe he's a complete genius.. purposely making his stock drop so he doesnt have to play in detroit or some other nfl punching bag.. the further down he drops the more likely he'll end up on a better team.. i wouldnt be surprised if that was his strategy.. after all, his name is Andre Smile
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:15 pm

dre wrote:maybe he's a complete genius.. purposely making his stock drop so he doesnt have to play in detroit or some other nfl punching bag.. the further down he drops the more likely he'll end up on a better team.. i wouldnt be surprised if that was his strategy.. after all, his name is Andre Smile

Yeah it's funny I thought about that also. The further down he drops the more likely he'll get on a better team. But like some people said they would take the extra $24 million that he'll lose if he's not in the top 3 if it meant playing for the Lions. I don't think the Lions would've picked him anyways cause I think their going for a QB. But the Rams were looking at him pretty seriously and now he's tanking. Either way he's a good guy that just came off looking bad and if he drops far in the first round a good team will get a steal.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:48 pm

And he's also hurting his chances of playing for any of the 'elite' teams, or teams run by guys who care if they sign a head case.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:03 pm

techierick wrote:And he's also hurting his chances of playing for any of the 'elite' teams, or teams run by guys who care if they sign a head case.

I don't think it's a headcase issue with him as much as it is a family issue. His uncle is giving him bad advice and his uncle is the one who basically got him suspended from the Sugar Bowl for talking to that agent. He's gotta tell his family members to stay out of it. I still am shocked at this whole deal just like I was shocked about the Sugar Bowl suspension. Because not once in his career at Alabama was he anything more than professional, hard worker and one of the best OT's we've ever had next to John Hannah and Chris Samuels. He's not a guy like TO where you're just waiting for the next incident. He never had any incidents until the Sugar Bowl deal.

He's cost himself some money that's for sure but I don't think he's a bad guy at all. He's just gotta man up some and tell his uncle and other family members that think they "know best" to hit the road.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:49 pm