Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

3 posters

Taylor is cut by the Jags

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Taylor is cut by the Jags Empty Taylor is cut by the Jags

Post  Rick F Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Taylor, set to make $6M, cut by Jags

Well he had 11 good seasons with the Jags. When he was healthy he put up some solid numbers. Just had a problem staying healthy. Hopefully he'll be able to land with another team. Probably not much mileage left in those legs. RB's shelf life in the NFL just isn't that long normally. Best of luck to the former Gator.
    techierick
    techierick

Taylor is cut by the Jags Empty Re: Taylor is cut by the Jags

Post  techierick Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 am

saw that. Wondering if ol' Bill has something up his sleeve there. He has some life left in those legs, and Maroney sucks balls.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 am

techierick wrote:saw that. Wondering if ol' Bill has something up his sleeve there. He has some life left in those legs, and Maroney sucks balls.

Wasn't Maroney hurt some of last season or am I wrong?
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 pm

he's been hurt, off and on, since he was drafted. When he's healthy he runs like Deion Sanders tackled.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:15 pm

techierick wrote:he's been hurt, off and on, since he was drafted. When he's healthy he runs like Deion Sanders tackled.

Too bad you guys didn't get his counterpart from the U of Minnesota, Marion Barber. His style of play would be a better fit for the Pats. What is wrong with Deion's tackling man? Shoving people out of bounds is hard nosed.

Taylor is cut by the Jags Sanders_d
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:24 am

I think Fred has one more run in him if he can find a playoff team where he can split carries with another back. That Jags team just melted down this year and everyone stopped trying. Jones-Drew said it was the worst locker room he has ever been around. Fred has been hurt a lot, but he sure has produced when he is in there...Speaking of being hurt might be time for Reggie Bush to actually produce for a full year. I remember on a Monday night game they kept saying the Saints were better without him. Even Matt Leinart thinks this guy isn't living up to the hype.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 am

ed moyer wrote:I think Fred has one more run in him if he can find a playoff team where he can split carries with another back. That Jags team just melted down this year and everyone stopped trying. Jones-Drew said it was the worst locker room he has ever been around. Fred has been hurt a lot, but he sure has produced when he is in there...Speaking of being hurt might be time for Reggie Bush to actually produce for a full year. I remember on a Monday night game they kept saying the Saints were better without him. Even Matt Leinart thinks this guy isn't living up to the hype.

Yeah I have a friend that is a huge Saints fan and he's been calling for Payton and Bush to hit the road for awhile now. I really though Bush would be able to do well in the NFL but he's really only shown glimpses of his former USC self. I don't know if it's him or if it's the way the Saints are using him or what. I think he works better when he is a tandem back and has someone like Deuce, a power back, to share carries with him. He's just not your typical NFL RB. I think he really only has this season or next to get it together or he'll be on nflbust.com
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 am

His injuries are flukes, but the Saints haven't used him well at all. Duece getting hurt really affected him. He will never be a premier back, and he will never be a back who can run it up the middle. He is a good situational back along with someone who can hurt you with receiving yards out of the backfield. The Saints also tried to get too fancy with him which frustrated a lot of people. The game that did him and Payton in was 2 years ago against Tampa. Last game to decide who makes playoffs. Saints were in field goal range to win it, did some stupid double reverse to Bush who fumbles and they go on to lose.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:04 pm

ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

He would go off in NE..of course assuming he stays healthy
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 am

Yeah he seems like a really good fit there. Belichick always seems to be able to get some extra years outta vets like that.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Sounds like it's a done deal with the Pats getting Taylor. Now they just need to pick up Derrick Brooks to get another vet for the D.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 pm

yeah, Taylor is officially a pat. but.. and i say WTF, they traded Vrabel to KC. Are they making room for Brooks? I don't get this one.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:41 pm

techierick wrote:yeah, Taylor is officially a pat. but.. and i say WTF, they traded Vrabel to KC. Are they making room for Brooks? I don't get this one.

Wow didn't know they traded Vrabel. Yeah that sounds like that could be it although Vrabel is 33 and Brooks is 35 so it's not like they're getting a younger guy. I think Brooks would be a good fit there or maybe Dallas. They could use a guy like Brooks in that locker room.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:16 am