Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

4 posters

The Perfect Player

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

The Perfect Player Empty The Perfect Player

Post  Rick F Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:48 am

ESPN.com did a really good 4 part article on Pujols today. Talking about his hitting, baserunning and defensive skills and another part on pitching to him. Tony Gwynn and Jim Palmer both had some glowing comments. I'm still riding that gullible bandwagon hoping he's not on roids. It's fun to watch a player that is so good and not a dick at the same time ala Barry Bonds.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar09/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&page=090713pujols_hitting
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

The Perfect Player Empty Re: The Perfect Player

Post  ed moyer Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:32 am

saw another stat yesterday. he has the most hr ever for a player in their first 9 seasons...a model of consistency
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Big Al speaks out... LOUDLY:

"I would never do any of that crap. You think I'm going to ruin my relationship with God just because I want to get better in this game? You think I'm going to ruin everything because of steroids?"

Pujols, who fell .012 points short in batting average of becoming the first player since Hank Aaron in 1957 to hold the Triple Crown at the All-Star break, has spent most of his 8½-year career putting up MVP numbers and building an impeccable reputation. But he has become more outspoken, talking about baseball's drug problem, players who don't respect the game and his future in St. Louis.

Pujols, 29, says he was tested six times last year as part of MLB's drug policy. But if that's not good enough, Pujols vows to take a test every day and, if he is caught using performance-enhancing drugs, he says, he will pay back the Cardinals every penny he has earned.

"Come test me every day if you want," says Pujols, who has the most home runs at the All-Star break since Barry Bonds hit 39 and Luis Gonzalez hit 35 in 2001. "Everything I ever made in this game I would give back to the Cardinals if I got caught."

Pujols realizes America is looking for a hero. He is volunteering, only if America will let him.

Full article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/cardinals/2009-07-12-pujols-cover_N.htm
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:47 am

I 100% agree with everything in that article except Pujols, 29.....cmon Al, how old are you really? Even Miguel Tejada thinks he isn't 29.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 am

ed moyer wrote:I 100% agree with everything in that article except Pujols, 29.....cmon Al, how old are you really? Even Miguel Tejada thinks he isn't 29.

Yeah I'm 30 and he looks like he's about 10 years older than me. I'm really buying into him not being on roids unless he's on something they haven't found through testing. You haven't seen a huge jump in his numbers they've just been consistently awesome since he began. He said he was tested 6 times last season and no telling how many times total since 2003. All that said I was riding the Palmerio train as the conductor when that guy got busted. I thought A-Rod would save us from the tainted Bonds HR record as well.

I've been a Pujols defender for several years now so I'm really hoping I don't get burned by him because I really believe he's doing it the right way. It would be great to see a guy put up incredible numbers for real. He's been fun to watch the past 9 seasons.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:40 am

I still don't know, he does have some rather large forearms.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:00 pm

ralworth wrote:I still don't know, he does have some rather large forearms.

Maybe he's a chronic masturbator?
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Both are big though??....you think he goes lefty? I always felt like that was cheating
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Everyone needs a little something on the side, bro
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Albert was sweating like Clemens at a congressional hearing. It was pouring off that bean head.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:28 pm

ralworth wrote:Albert was sweating like Clemens at a congressional hearing. It was pouring off that bean head.

Yeah you could feel the pressure on him playing in St. Louis everyone expecting him to win the thing and you could see his head covered in sweat. Then you see Fielder and he looks like he's popping a double cheese burger and playing MLB 2K9 on his couch not even breaking a sweat. I figured it would probably be Fielder and Howard in the finals but Cruz was a little bit of a surprise. I think Texas could be for real this season if Hamilton can get back to form.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Jonathan Papelbon didn’t shy away from how much he’d like to face Albert Pujols tonight: “I think when you face guys like Albert and Alex [ Rodriguez] and Manny [Ramírez], players that can change the outcome of a game with one swing and dictate a ballgame the way they can, I think it really lets you know where you stand and how good you really can be. Because these types of hitters can really put you in your place real quick.’’
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm

I think Fielder is going to need a 2 week vacation after exerting himself that much. It made me tired today just to watch. I watched it on the dvr, had my Iced Tea and needed to take a nap after. LOL
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:13 pm

ralworth wrote:I think Fielder is going to need a 2 week vacation after exerting himself that much. It made me tired today just to watch. I watched it on the dvr, had my Iced Tea and needed to take a nap after. LOL

Was it just me or did his jersey touch the ground after he untucked it for the trophy presentation. Looked like he was 4 foot 5 inches with that jersey pulled out.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:06 pm

So, I broke down and got myself a Pujols ball. I almost came in my pants when I opened it.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:33 am

ralworth wrote:So, I broke down and got myself a Pujols ball. I almost came in my pants when I opened it.

Someone has a serious ebay addiction.
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:45 am

Yea, it's very serious.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:22 pm

ralworth wrote:Yea, it's very serious.

Are these home run balls or autographed?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:38 am