Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

2 posters

Celtics to get the Sheed?

techierick
    techierick

Celtics to get the Sheed? Empty Celtics to get the Sheed?

Post  techierick Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:30 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4307834&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Not sure where I come down on this. Dude can certainly help chase a title, but he's a head case if there ever was one. While the Pats have been able to take guys like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss and mold them into a team player in the pursuit of a title, I just don't know that Doc and Danny are cut from the same cloth as Belichick.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Celtics to get the Sheed? Empty Re: Celtics to get the Sheed?

Post  Rick F Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:49 pm

techierick wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4307834&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Not sure where I come down on this. Dude can certainly help chase a title, but he's a head case if there ever was one. While the Pats have been able to take guys like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss and mold them into a team player in the pursuit of a title, I just don't know that Doc and Danny are cut from the same cloth as Belichick.

I think Sheed will be motivated to help the Celtics. I think he'll be able to keep his emotions in check as long as Garnett is out there holding the reins on him. How bout Vince Carter going to Orlando? Not sure what I think about that deal. They will miss Turkoglu a lot and you have to wonder if VC will be out there playing "me ball" or if he'll actually pass it around and work it to Howard. If he plays unselfishly he could be a really good addition.

I have my doubts about another Finals run for Orlando though. We'll see but they may have taken a step back.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Word on the street is Ainge is gonna land Grant Hill too... i can see possibilities there
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm

techierick wrote:Word on the street is Ainge is gonna land Grant Hill too... i can see possibilities there

Yeah but that's definitely a "win right now attitude" instead of a long run outlook because in a few years the Celtics could be running a retirement home with all the old players they have. But hey it's all about winning today and if you win a title that's all that matters. You can worry about tomorrow after the championship parade.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Damn straight. This isn't the redsox with a loaded farm team here. C's need to do what they can. In the NBA nothing lasts for long.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:02 pm

techierick wrote:Word on the street is Ainge is gonna land Grant Hill too... i can see possibilities there

Sounds like Grant Hill is gonna stay in Phoenix. Nash may be sticking around too. Kinda surprised I was seeing Phoenix as a sinking ship. Rumors have been rampant that Stoudamire was going to be traded. Maybe they have decided to try and add some more pieces and keep their best players around. They probably freed up a lot of cap space by dumping Shaq.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:35 am