Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

+2
Brandon
Rick F
6 posters

Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF

Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF Empty Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Welcome A-Rod. You join a long and infamous list of people that "Don't want to talk about the past." Kinda scary how he told Gammons that the reports of his steroid use from 2001-2003 was "mostly accurate." Would you care to elaborate on that Alex?

Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF Alex_Rodriguez_Photo1_MID
    Brandon
    Brandon

Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF Empty Re: Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF

Post  Brandon Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:37 pm

That's just wrong. He didn't know the stuff was bad.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF Empty Re: Welcome the newest member to the Steroid HoF

Post  Rick F Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Brandon wrote:That's just wrong. He didn't know the stuff was bad.

I like that he didn't know exactly what he put in his body. Wow so you're telling me you just grabbed the needle and jabbed it in there without knowing what it was for 3 or more years? These guys take so much care of their bodies there is no way they just swallow a pill without knowing exactly what it is.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Thing about the title of the thread, is that it's actually kinda telling. Think about the names implicated. You're actually talking a LOT of HOF'ers.

Bonds, Clemens, Rodrigues, McGwire, Palmeiro,

I'm sure I'm missing some. I'm fairly certain Schilling's mouth is on steroids too.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:36 pm

techierick wrote:Thing about the title of the thread, is that it's actually kinda telling. Think about the names implicated. You're actually talking a LOT of HOF'ers.

Bonds, Clemens, Rodrigues, McGwire, Palmeiro,

I'm sure I'm missing some. I'm fairly certain Schilling's mouth is on steroids too.

Yeah and I would say at least 3 or 4 of the above mentioned would've been HoFers without the roids. That's the thing that really sucks about it. These guys were talented especially Bonds and Clemens and A-Rod. I think if A-Rod can stay clean and nothing comes out that he was shooting up the majority of his time with the Yankees then he'll probably make the HoF. He's just got a ways to go to regain the trust of everyone again.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm

A-Rod latest

Looks like A-Rod bought the U's new baseball stadium. He never played there but used to go as a kid. I remember my high school team made the state final 4 back in 1994 I think and Miami Westminster was one of the teams. A-Rod was playing for them back then but we ended up playing another team that beat us like 7-1 I think. Ed you probably remember Stephen Jackson, he was pitching against them. Anyways we lost and that team ended up playing Miami Westminster and getting beat. A-Rod was already being hyped like crazy back then even. What a waste....at least he still has Madonna.
    dre

Post  dre Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 am

id rather have the pre-Penn Madonna.. that gap in her teeth really scares me..
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:10 am

dre wrote:id rather have the pre-Penn Madonna.. that gap in her teeth really scares me..

Yeah she's a "cougar" to steal a word from Jim Rome lol.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 am

The A-Rod press conference should be interesting today. Hopefully he'll be honest but I can see him avoid a lot of questions or give half answers most likely. This one could go a long way in repairing his image or either impacting it negatively so his publicity handlers better give him some good advice. Scott Boras wants a contract extension for him probably.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:37 am

He apparently is going to have several of his teammates there with him including including Pettitte. I bet he says exactly what he said in the interview and plays the sympathy card. His teammates will echo they stand behind Alex and what a hard worker he is....ESPN will have no new info off this, and the scene will then quickly shift back to the Yankee bullpen where there is no one to get the ball to Rivera. I did like how Ortiz said players should receive a year now. Man, I bet Torre is happy....don't hear too much about his book after this story broke. Wonder if Arod ever had Madonna inject him hahaha
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm

i'm fairly sure someone was injecting him... in the same way Robby Alomar got injected after that game when he was young.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:12 pm

techierick wrote:i'm fairly sure someone was injecting him... in the same way Robby Alomar got injected after that game when he was young.

Yeah I agree with Ortiz on a one year ban. Some people want to take it even further and say lifetime ban on the first offense. I lean more towards the 1 year ban and then expulsion from the league if they're caught again. I think that would be a good enough deterrent especially once someone is made an example of.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:30 pm

I think whats also halarious is Canseco has still been juicing. Man that dude is amazing if he doesn't get cancer or some weird problem soon. He has been going at it hard for 20 years. Jose, the career has been over awhile buddy...let it go.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Alex Rodriguez offered new details Tuesday about his performance-enhancing drug use, saying his cousin injected him with an over-the-counter substance to gain an energy boost.

The New York Yankees star said using the banned drug that he said he obtained from the Dominican Republic was a “stupid mistake.”

I wonder what percentage of Dominicans were juicing. Id say between 50-75% but closer to 75. They are still even getting caught now.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:01 pm

ed moyer wrote:Alex Rodriguez offered new details Tuesday about his performance-enhancing drug use, saying his cousin injected him with an over-the-counter substance to gain an energy boost.

The New York Yankees star said using the banned drug that he said he obtained from the Dominican Republic was a “stupid mistake.”

I wonder what percentage of Dominicans were juicing. Id say between 50-75% but closer to 75. They are still even getting caught now.

After Ortiz's comments makes you wonder if he ever tried the stuff, especially with it being so rampant in some of those island countries. Canseco's balls are probably non-existent right now.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 pm

MLB has more questions for A-Rod

This isn't going away for A-Rod anytime soon. I'm really curious to see how well he does this season. If it was Bonds he would just keep smashing shots into McCovey, he seemed to always be able to get through the scrutiny and just keep mashing. But A-Rod doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure as well as Bonds. I'm gonna say .280, 30 HRs, 97 RBIs. Not a bad season but not typical A-Rod either.
    dre

Post  dre Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 am

uh oh.. reports say that the stuff arod was using wasnt even available with a presription in the DR during the time he said he was using.. that hole is getting deeper and deeper.. and that little spec of light at the bottom of the tunnel is the light on clemens' mining helmet.. why dont these guys get a clue and just come clean.. it tends to help their cause, a la giambi/pettitte..
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 pm

dre wrote:uh oh.. reports say that the stuff arod was using wasnt even available with a presription in the DR during the time he said he was using.. that hole is getting deeper and deeper.. and that little spec of light at the bottom of the tunnel is the light on clemens' mining helmet.. why dont these guys get a clue and just come clean.. it tends to help their cause, a la giambi/pettitte..

Yeah although I don't really think pettitte was fully forthcoming was he? Didn't he say he used it once and then it comes out that his dad used to and he had used it again with him? Then in Giambi's case he apologized but couldn't say what he was apologizing for and he didn't go into any details either. Don't get me wrong i'm glad Giambi and Pettitte were somewhat honest but they haven't been exactly telling all either. A-Rod is gonna have the magnifying class on him amped times a million like Bonds did just because of who he is. But I agree, all of these guys just need to tell the whole truth. We're tired of the games.
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:46 pm

What pot of gold at the end of the rainbow do you think Bonds has for Greg Anderson? Man, he is headed back to the slammer again for refusing to testify..Bonds sure must have gauranteed a nice retirement package.
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Post  Rick F Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:40 am

ed moyer wrote:What pot of gold at the end of the rainbow do you think Bonds has for Greg Anderson? Man, he is headed back to the slammer again for refusing to testify..Bonds sure must have gauranteed a nice retirement package.

Yeah I was reading Dan Wetzel's article on Yahoo Sports yesterday. Really blows your mind how loyal this guy is. I mean you know he could cut a deal anytime if he wanted too. Bonds must be promising him some serious cash for staying silent. My guess is his lawyers have told him that he's not gonna get a ton of years even if they bring something down on him. I'm almost to a point where it's just like...let it go. Bonds' name is in the dirt now anyways. His reputation cannot be saved at this point in the baseball world. To players like Bonds their recognition is everything and his numbers are as tainted as it gets. Probably not doing anything more than wasting tax dollars at this point. What do you guys think? Keep prosecuting? Do you want to see Bonds go down or just let this go and keep it at his baseball rep being ruined?
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:01 pm

At this point its gone on so long I don't think there is a choice. Just my opinion. They are gunning for Roger also. I'm pretty sure they will both go down. The feds refuse to let this go. Man if Roger would have just confessed to some HGH or something...I mean even his wife was doing it haha...cmon man just own it. Even Pete Rose thinks these lies have gone on too long!
    dre

Post  dre Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm

I could really care less about the bonds daytime drama series that this has turned into.. id much rather see him in a uni swingin a bat than in a suit in a courthouse.. i bet you that man can still rake with the best of em.. i mean if garrett anderson can get a contract.... on another note.. good piece on Tiny Tim on espn today.. that kid is going to be an all-time great..
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 pm

what a bargain for 650k!!
    ralworth
    ralworth

Post  ralworth Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm

techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:55 pm

wow. the most Hank has said regarding this ever. nice.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 am