Sports Nonsense

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Nonsense

4 posters

Anyone else feel clueless this year?

techierick
    techierick

Anyone else feel clueless this year? Empty Anyone else feel clueless this year?

Post  techierick Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:38 am

My draft is tomorrow, and I swear I feel completely clueless. Does it seem to anyone else that this year there's next to NO sure things?
    dre

Anyone else feel clueless this year? Empty Re: Anyone else feel clueless this year?

Post  dre Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:20 am

Lance Berkman?
    Rick F
    Rick F
    Admin

Anyone else feel clueless this year? Empty Re: Anyone else feel clueless this year?

Post  Rick F Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:37 am

techierick wrote:My draft is tomorrow, and I swear I feel completely clueless. Does it seem to anyone else that this year there's next to NO sure things?

The only sure thing to me every year is Albert Pujols. I guess the only worries you have with him sometimes is staying healthy. Lately he has had a few injuries but he's still automatic when he's in there. Don't be afraid to believe in Pujols!!!

Anyone else feel clueless this year? 0316_large
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Seriously, how old is this guy really?
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 pm

I"m pretty sure he's older than Pedro, but hey, he's producing.

In a stunner, to those of you who remember my drafts in the past, I have a pretty good pitching staff, and a lineup that's a little light in the ass. Seriously, my OF looks like they'll hit about 6 homers... COMBINED, but, then again, they'll steal a TON of bases.

Managed to come up good in the pitcing again, but ended up with KERRY WOOD as a closer.. god help me
    ed moyer
    ed moyer

Post  ed moyer Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:23 am

One thing is for sure....Barry Zito is already in mid-season form.He gave up 10 hits in 5 IP against KC sunday with 0 k's.

“Finding a rhythm was tough,” said Zito, who has given up 11 earned runs in 13 2-3 innings over four spring starts. “I was a little too fast on my delivery. That led to location issues.

“(Rhythm) is not automatically there right now. You have to practice it and get that feel for it again. You want to produce. You want to go out and make a statement. That’s something that didn’t go on today.”

Dude....you haven't had "rhythm" since joining SF...or is it the 8 mph you lost on your heater which severly affected that CY Young change you had in the day. Even Carl Pavano thinks his 100 mill contract was over rated.
    techierick
    techierick

Post  techierick Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Dude, the only thing wrong with Zito's delivery is that it's the wrong TYPE. I'm thinking PIZZA is more his style these days...

Meteoric rise, followed by a physics-defying fall...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:04 am